Tuesday, June 7, 2016

And on the 6th Day, He Created Spring Rolls

Heard on our way to preschool a couple of weeks ago...


Nug, looking out the window: "Mommy, what's that place?"

Me: "Oh, that's a church. You know, where they have Services."

Nug: "Can we go there sometime? We haven't been to Services in a long time."

Me, noting that it's a traditional Christian church: "Well, maybe... uhh... well, there are different kinds of churches and they all have different rules... and... uhh... I'm not sure about the rules at that church."  Phew, nice answer! I think to myself.

Nug, instantly: "Like what kind of rules?"

Me, inwardly: Oh SHIT! Um ahh... How do I explain bigotry to a five year old? Crap. Long pause while I tell her "Let me think."

Nug: "You mean like they have spring rolls, and other churches don't?"

Me: Ha! Ha Ha! SHE THOUGHT I SAID ROLLS! Rolls, rolls, hallelujah for rolls! Yes. "Yes, kinda like that."



Other things that happened in May: 

Nug on a redwoods adventure

Stair training for my Spartan Race. Cookie was in a Mommy Mood that day, opting for my back over breakfast with sister and W. It was 25+ lbs of good weight training. (I'm in the tank top)

Waiting for Mama (W) to come home. If I tell them she's on her way, they leave me alone and wait. But little kids can't wait longer than like 42 seconds, so I have to manage this carefully!

Sick Mommy = digital babysitter

No comments:

Post a Comment