Alright. Enough with the pretty pictures, fun adventures, positive reflections, ya-dee-ya. I'm tired. I'm lonely. I'm overwhelmed. That's how I really feel. And just when we get a leg up, it seems that some new obstacle gets in the way.
Here are some of our most recent stressors (try to figure out what belongs to who).
Ear infection - eating at 3 & 5am nightly - food poisoning - diarrhea in bed - stepping through the floorboards, twice - multiple bruises from bumping into new house corners - learning to walk - stepping in your own poo - pacing & crying nightly - angry for being told not to crawl into the open dishwasher - sore throat & cough - unable to stay awake past 9pm - claw foot falling off bathtub while showering - chronic chubbiness - driving the same route and getting lost each time
I may be stating the obvious, but I have to say it: it is really hard to move to a new city, to do it during the winter, to bring with you a baby and an elderly dog, and to live without any support system.
With encouragement from W, I've decided to look into a "mommy helper" service... a little babysitting, light chore work, support and encouragement, not to mention just enough time to myself to formulate a whole, complete thought(!). Then maybe I can write a blog entry in one sitting...
No comments:
Post a Comment