Once in awhile I like to look at my progress pictures, for that boost of motivation, and my Photos app is so bogged-down-slow with kid (and now dog) pictures, that I'm afraid to even open it. I was also asleep or something when "The Cloud" debuted, so I'm sorely lacking in storage space. Anyway, I'm putting my photos here where I can find them and hopefully no one will really look except for me (the better posts to spend your time on are the ones I linked above). But if you are looking, here's some woo-woo motivational talk that works for me:
- Be consistent. Put one step in front of the other, and just keep going because doing a half-ass job on your workout is still better than no workout at all.
- Focus on how it makes you feel rather than weight loss.
- Take the time to prep your food, schedule your workouts, do a yoga class, and lie down early to read before bed.
- Avoid processed sugar, white flour, and alcohol (see August 2018 photo for bloated belly visual of why!)
- Keep a photo handy that motivates you. I love the December 2015 of me! I still remember how I felt when that photo was taken: bad-ass strong, confident, capable, and thrilled!
P.S. I am 5ft 6in tall, and in these photos my weight has ranged from a high 166 (Aug 2018) to a low of 146 (Dec 2015). I've also aged from 36 to 40 years old.
![]() |
| Before: August 2015 After: October 2015 9.7 lbs lost |
![]() |
| Before: October 2015 After: December 2015 5.3 lbs lost |
![]() |
| Before: January 2016 After: March 2016 |
![]() |
| July 2016 |
![]() |
| October 2016 |
![]() |
| May 2017 |
![]() |
| July 2017 |
![]() |
| Before: August 2018 After: October 2018 |
![]() |
| Before: October 2018 After: December 2018 |









No comments:
Post a Comment