(this blog post is written by Nug)
Happy Holidays!
Ho ho ho it's me again, Nug! So, this year was not what any of us had expected, but we made it and here we are. I know you will be getting a lot of Christmas cards talking about this scary thing that happened in 2020 and might be with us for 2021, which is covid-19, of course, but trust me, this card is different. When I do talk about covid it is in a positive way, so please keep reading and you will find out about our new RV, a trip to Hawaii with my grandma, and lots of play time with the neighbors!![]() |
| Hawaii in March |
Cookie and I made a covid pod with our neighbors; she calls them her “covid family.” At night, when she and Mommy light a candle and say what they are grateful for, she is grateful to have a friend she can still hug. Really half the year has been spent playing with them! She likes Zoom first grade because she can still play a lot with the neighbors, she does not have to miss Mommy, and she does not have to wear shoes! But she does have to wash her blackened feet every night. She really likes the new 30-foot RV, quite an upgrade from our last, 17-foot trailer. Her favorite part is getting cozy at night with the dog, me, and a movie.
My soccer and volleyball were cancelled because of covid, so Mommy
![]() |
| Camping in June |
My grandma stayed with us until March and Mama loved being with her. She said, “you're never too old to want to see your mommy.” She misses her work friends, but from being home so much she has developed a new hobby. She buys old junky guitars, then fixes and sells them. Some of them are pretty nice, if I do say so myself! When she isn't standing in front of the computer talking to the people on Zoom with her, she's strumming her guitars. Also a big thing for her is the RV because it is very comfortable even when there is snow and ice outside! We went on lots of trips already including Yosemite, Tahoe, the beach, and Arizona to see Nana and Poppa. 
Our new RV
Me: I think this year was a little crazy because Zoom is not always great, and really every part of this year was crazy and unexpected in a way. But we squeezed in a great trip to Hawaii with Grandma for Mama's birthday before quarantine started. I snorkeled a lot and saw lots of cool fish! I started a new soccer team too, but we are not doing any games right now. It is just training and I missed a lot of it because of our RV trips and I broke my toe on a trampoline! As you may know, the Hamilton movie came out and we were really into it. Over the summer me and our neighborsC learned the lyrics and created dances to some of the songs. We performed at Mommy & Mama's ten-year wedding anniversary in the backyard. I was Eliza and Cookie was Alexander Hamilton!
Bark, bark! Now It is the dog's
time to shine! Ok, so I bet she has very much enjoyed all of the family being home with her constantly. She is spoiled with her two to three walks a day, and if we are late about them she will stare Mommy in the eye and lift Mommy's arm over and over with her shovel-nose. All morning she waits for the mailman; when he comes around she barks her head off and makes everybody go nuts because we can't hear our teachers over the barking. Unlike everyone else, she is not a fan of the RV- at least when it is moving.
Wedding anniversary backyard celebration
That's it!
Love, Us




No comments:
Post a Comment